Another post this week from Sunday Stealing because I had so much fun with last week’s! And I figured since my last day of high school was actually 13 years ago yesterday, this would be a fitting topic to have fun with. So without further ado…
Sunday Stealing: The High School Questions
1. Did you date someone from your school? Yes.
2. Did you marry someone from your high school? No.
3. Did you car pool to school? Yes. I was not a morning person. When we would pick up my friend Jenny at 6:45 am every morning, as we did for seven years, she would deliberately shout “GOOD MORNING!” at me as soon as she opened the car door, just to spite me. I would grump back at her. The only day I ever shouted “GOOD MORNING!” back was on our very last day of high school ever: June 10, 2004.
4. What kind of car did you have? We were only allowed to drive to school our senior year. I drove my parent’s 1999 Chevy Malibu. I loved that car so much.
5. What kind of car do you have now? 2010 Toyota Corolla.
6. It’s Friday night…where are you now? At home, in bed, reading or writing.
7. It’s Friday night…where were you then? After dance class, taking the night off from homework…some of the time.
8. What kind of job did you have in high school? I was a dance and theater kid; that was basically a full-time job. During the month of rehearsals for the annual musical, we’d rehearse up to 43 hours a week in addition to going to school.
9. What kind of job do you do now? Pediatric pharmacist.
10. Were you a party animal? No way.
11. Were you considered a flirt? Nope.
12. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? Band, choir, and show choir.
13. Were you a nerd? I was smart, and back then that usually meant the same thing, so yes.
14. Did you get suspended from school? Nope.
15. Can you sing the fight song? I’m not even sure if we had one?
16. Who was/were your favorite teacher? Mr. Fleming, Mr. Gianforte (RIP), Mr. Nightingale, Mrs. Watterson, Mr. Parsons.
17. Where did you sit during lunch? I had no lunch freshman and sophomore years and only had lunch every other day during my junior and senior years. We would usually bring our lunches back to whatever class lunch occurred during (we had block scheduling) since the cafeteria was overcrowded.
18. What was your school’s full name? I plead the Fifth.
19. Where did you party the most? I didn’t.
20. What was your school mascot? Trojan.
21. Would you do it again? Hell no.
22. Did you have fun at Prom? I think so? I honestly don’t remember much about junior prom or senior ball.
23. Do you still talk to the person you went to Prom with? No. We just never cross paths.
24. Are you planning on going to your next reunion? I’d like to, since it’ll be our fifteenth (if we have one then; if not, our twentieth.)
25. Do you still talk to people from school? Occasionally.
26. What are/were your school’s colors? Black and gold.