Wow. I never expected to be nominated for anything of the sort, but indeed, I have been nominated for (and therefore received) the Versatile Blogger Award by Tracy (aka spooniemom) over at Me, My Spoons & I. I have only been blogging for a few months, but thank you for considering my contribution to the blogosphere to be worth something!
The Versatile Blogger Award Rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- Include a link to their blog
- Write a blog post and display the award
- Reveal seven facts about yourself
- Nominate other bloggers for the award
- Notify each blogger of their nomination
Seven Random Facts About Myself:
- My favorite band is Rend Collective. They’re a Christian band from Northern Ireland with a sort of folk sound that is very addictive and fun to listen to. They take praise and worship to the next level entirely.
- I have seven fur babies, all in feline form, ranging in age from six to nine.
- I can trace my American roots back to 1621, when my great (many, many greats) grandfather, Edward Bumpass (formerly Bompasse) arrived in Plymouth on the ship Fortune. It was the first ship to arrive at Plymouth after the Mayflower. Just barely missed the first Thanksgiving!
- I am also a direct descendant of King Edward III. (So I like to tell my husband he really did marry a princess!)
- I am also related to the Wright Brothers. They are my 10th cousins 5x removed (although that isn’t as distant as it sounds!) I had been told of the relation by my grandmother, but no one knew the actual relationship. It took me literally ten years of searching, but I finally found the link a few years ago!
- Not much makes me happier than snow. As long as I don’t have to drive in it. My hometown averages about 10 feet of snow a year, so I’m used to having snowy winters.
- In 2012, I hiked to Phantom Ranch at the bottom of the Grand Canyon. I almost hiked out, too, but wound up being one of about 350 people annually to get airlifted out of the Canyon by helicopter due to an old knee injury that went south during the 30 miles of hiking.